Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Ford Escort: I put house key in ignition. How do I remove

Customer Question

I put house key in ignition. How do I remove I?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
did you actually get the key to turn?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
the bad part is you only have 2 options if the key is stuck, hopefully it did not turn, you will have to destroy and drill out the ignition, or call a locksmith to see if they can get it removed, when we change the lock cylinder we have to turn the ignition to the first click, or else it cannot be removed, so if the key is stuck at it canot be turned then those are the only two options, well those are the quick options, the not so quick is to go and get the junk yard steering column.i know this is probably not what you wanted to hear and i took a chanve to assist you , but these are the only options, since the key is already jammed i would see if you can use pliers and pull the heck out of it to see if it will come
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
here is how the whole assembly looks, it is almost 200$
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ill send instructions on how to remove, you may be able to just unbolt the whole assembly.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
heres the instructions, its pretty straight forward once you get the column cover off.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
i hope this information helps, sorry this happened, i hope it goes well and costs very little to fix, if you need more info let me know i will do what i can to help.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČKeep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.