James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F150: 1993 do 50th 5.0 dual tanks starts like braND new most

Customer Question

1993 do 50th 5.0 dual tanks starts like braND new most of the time then decides it doesn't want to start wait an hour or so and starts like it's new any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. When this happens does it matter what fuel tank you are on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No does it on either
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It isn't stalling on you is it? It won't wont start when the engine is hot correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No stalling if it starts runs perfect at any speed sometimes it acts up cold but mostly when it warmed up i can leave it alone for an hour and it starts up great
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Other than stalling it sounds like it could be a defective ignition module. Usually when they fail the engine might shut down when they are hot. In your case it could still be going bad and just not allow the vehicle to start back up. The ignition module is grey and on the driver inner fender. You can remove them and have a part store test them for free to see if they are bad or not.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.