Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford ranger: Check engin light don't come on the motor is

Customer Question

Check engin light don't come on the motor is 2.3
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Have you installed a fuel pressure gauge to the service port located on the injector rail and measured the fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not knolagable a bout vehicle .i don't know we're the parts are or what they look like .were is the part and what dose it look like
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Its not a part its a service port that you can install a fuel pressure gauge to and check the fuel pressure, if you have never done this then you are going to get someone who has that can help you, you will also need a fuel pressure gauge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid a moble macanic to fix it and he took my book with him.and it isn't fixed.530.00 dollar later.can I get a pressure gauge at a parts store.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can usually rent one for a small fee at some part stores. You will want to hook it up the the service port on the injector rail on the top of the engine. The port will look just like a valve stem with a black cap on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ,if it is getting gas ,what steps do I take to fix it? I'm not good at computer.i just paid for your service for thirty days and I can't get in .it said pass word incorrect email incorect
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your are in and your talking to me . You will want to install the gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. We need to check this first before we can go forward.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it will take me a few days ,I can't go any were till I have a ride,can I still contact you?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
All you need to do to contact me is return to this question, bookmark it to your favorites and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome, thank you as well.