Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Ford: My mechanic install a new radiator in my 2000 Ford E-150

Customer Question

My mechanic install a new radiator in my 2000 Ford E-150 van. They road tested it and brought it to my house. Upon running it in my yard the temperature gauge went past fully hot! Why is this happening?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
was the coolant boiling? and bubbling? sometimes there can be a air pocket causing the temp gauge to rise but there actually is no overheating issue, he may not have bled the system properly, also hopefully he installed a new cap as the cap can cause havoc all for a 10 dollar part. if it did not overheat before the radiator replacement then it may just need bled or a new cap, let me know if this helps, i ll do what i can to help. Lou