Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

FORD Falcon: VLADGMRU First thanks I drive

Customer Question

HiCustomer
First thanks for helping
I drive a station wagon Ford falcon AU series III SR.
Today I replaced all the Cluster globes with standard globes, and worked perfectly.
After replacing the dash globes (Clock light, Aircon switches lights), the Cluster lights not working, just the main background lights are not working, but all the rest are working.
I checked all the fuses, they fine. I can't see any thing wrong as much as I know.
I wish you could help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for requesting me to answer your question.
So you replaced the instrument panel cluster back-lighting bulbs and it was all OK but after replacing clock and HVAC unit illumination bulbs all of them stopped working, including the IP cluster?
Is it correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, everything works fine including the Cluster except for the Cluster back light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
I need more information as I really get confused.
You mentioned in your question : Today I replaced all the Cluster globes with standard globes, and worked perfectly.
1) Did you have any problems with illumination before bulbs replacing?
2) You said worked perfectly, what exactly worked perfectly?
3)Do you have any illumination working and the moment?
Thanks,
Vlad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) I had some blown globes, so i replaced them all.
2) all the Cluster lights worked perfectly.
3) At the moment the indicators, odometer lcd screen, warning lights (Brake, ABS, etc...) they all working fine.
The only thing that is not working is the main cluster lights, that means at night time i can't see the Gauges.
I hope that makes sense.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for replying.
1)Well if you have a problem only with cluster illumination, but other components( clock heater A/C control) are illuminated OK at night time with parking lights or headlights ON, then I can assume there is a problem with the globes you used for your cluster or it could be something with the connector to the cluster. If you used LED globes, than polarity should be observed when it comes to LED bulbs.
2)If you have no illumination to all the interior components( cluster, clock, HVAC, etc)then I would start with the main headlight switch/dimmer .
Please let me know about your finding or if you have more details.
Cheers,
Vlad
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
I am just checking if my answer helped you and if you might need more assistance.
I would also be happy to know what you have found and what the problem was.
If you are happy with my answers and find it useful, could you please actually rate my answer as OK Service or higher so that I can get paid for my time and effort?
If you need more assistance, please just reply back.
Kind regards,
Vlad.