Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 98 F450 van (RV) v10 trition, was told by mechanic

Customer Question

I have a 98 F450 van bash (RV) v10 trition, was told by mechanic it was less expensive to find a Vaccume canister to fit one under passenger side dash. told to look for one that is more rectangle than round. I am a Nurse it its drivng me crazy. found place to do the work but need to bring them the part. Thanks Donna
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.There are two different vacuum canisters that Ford uses, a tube style and a square box type. The square one would work best for the tight area under the passenger side of the dash. Below is link to one on EBAY so you can see what it looks like.The Ford part number is *****://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Van-Econoline-E150-E250-E350-AC-A-C-Vacuum-Reservoir-New-OEM-YC2Z-19A566-AA-/261575237541?hash=item3ce7195fa5&vxp=mtr