James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F150: Truck ran fine and we came back out got in and it won't

Customer Question

Truck ran fine and we came back out got in and it won't start just clicks lights are bright we cleaned the posts and tried to jump it but still won't start
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave wrong email address***@******.***
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. What year is this vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It say all night this morning it started right up but later wouldn't start again then I got under the truck and touched two bolts to the starter while someone turned the ignition and it fired up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what is the box called that connects the battery to the starter to the ignito
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And what does it entail to replace it
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the starter solenoid? It has two large posts and one or two small posts. This sends high current to engage the starter. Either it can be bad or it the starter itself can be bad. If you have a test light I can go over testing it with you.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.