Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Five hundres: I have a 2005 ford 500, 6 speed auto trans.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford 500, 6 speed auto trans. cruising @ 60mph, when wanting to pass, instead of downshifting. the trans just lets loose and teh engine revs. have to drop the rpm to arount 3k and then it catches.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Any warning lights or messages on before, during or after this?Was this the first and only time this has occurred?I have experienced this, diagnosed this, and fixed this. Its not easy to find and address if it rarely occurs because there is per say no paper trail of evidence wrong to find not only the cause but also the result. The most common cause I find is small bits of worn of metal clogging the solenoids and valves. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris