HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford Expedition: I have a 2003 Ford Expedition. I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition. I have replaced both rear door actuators several times. The last time that they failed (famous clicking sound) I insured that both actuators would allow chilled air to flow through the upper vents before I disconnected them. My thinking was that I needed rear AC more than rear heat. Today, I noticed that I did not have chilled air blowing through the rear A/C while I did have chilled air in the front/dash vents. The rear A/C was circulating air, but it wasn't being chilled. Any idea on the problem? Rear expansion valve failure?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello im assuming you are talking about the rear door lock actuators? Any part you buy from ford now comes with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty so if they fail again you can get the replacement ones for free. As for the rear ac operation if its blowing cold in the fron and not in the rear then chances are the system is low on a refrigerant charge, So a leak inspection by the compressor and evaporator drain as well as the lines that go from the front to the rear system and rear evaporator drain area.those are common ac leak areas. A dual system requires a larger amount of freon for it to cool properly.