Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Excursion: Replaced the pressure switch on cruise control on

Customer Question

Replaced the pressure switch on cruise control on my 2000 excursion after it started smoking from the bad switch leaking. it blew fuse 13, and lost brake lights, directional. After replacing with new one it continues to blow fuse. if I leave it unplugged it doesn't blow and everything else works. as soon as I plug it back it blows. any thoughts? Jim in Florida
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Jim are you sure the new switch is not defective? The fuse #13 powers the pressure switch and sends power to the cruise control servo. Try disconnecting the servo while leaving the pressure switch connected and then see if the fuse hold. Post back with the results and we can work from there.