Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Fusion SE: What do you do with a 2010 Fusion, 4cyl with an

Customer Question

What do you do with a 2010 Fusion, 4cyl with an a/c system that turns off/on by itself? With the switch in the off position, normal driving it just starts blowing cold air for a bit and then stops...then starts...then stops. This continues all day. I just had the temp sensor replaced after the compressor stopped engaging. Blowing cold now, but still turns on/off on it's own. Is it the switch itself or some other component? Stumped in TX
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Crouch replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question.I an honestly say that I have not experienced what you are describing is going on with your car. The system does run on the Medium speed CAN network of the vehicle ( The other network is High speed CAN and that is saved for use with the engine management and air bags, etc.What I would recommend is that the system be monitored with a IDS and wait for it to act up and see what is going on as far as what is commanding It to do what it is doing. It could be the control head, but I would not just replace it with out verifying why this is happening first.Unfortunatly, this is one of those issues that will take more time to figure out than to fix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John... Thanks for your best shot. Actually, that is pretty much what our tech here said. I work for a Ford store in TX. I was hoping it may have been a simple switch that could be replaced. Appreciate your input...