HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Mustang: I have a 97 cobra - all stock. Started having an

Customer Question

I have a 97 cobra - all stock. Started having an oil leak. Ilet a friend (who has built some nice engines) pull the engine and replace all the gaskets reachable. I drove it on a 200 mile trip 1 week after. When I arrive it was making a terrible noise. Against my better judgment I tried to drive it home - it died 50 miles short. Now th gasket guy is saying I might have had a couple of injectors stick open and blown the rings on 2 cylinders.... Could anything he have done caused the injectors to stick open?***@******.***(###) ###-####
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wouldnt think so especially if he is an experienced engine guy. The pcm might have failed and shorted the injector drivers to be grounded all the time and flood the cylinders and cause the cylinders to wash out with fuel