Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

How important is the cover alternator on a 2005

Customer Question

How important is the cover for the alternator on a 2005 Freestyle?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The plastic cover? Not important at all. It just keeps the temperature of the alternator down. Most have it missing on the vehicle anymore. It was more for a streamlined look when looking under the hood than anything else. If it is the metal cover over the wires, then that is really important. It keeps the voltage in. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?