Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford: 2002 ford 150 has been sitting years. We changed

Customer Question

2002 ford 150 has been sitting for 3 years. We changed the battery and been through multiple keys. tried locking and unlocking the doors but the theft device is still staying on. Therefore we can't start it. Any other ideas?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Ford Dealership has told us a few things to try but we still haven't been able to clear the anti-theft system. The truck has set for 3 years and the battery was dead. We changed the battery and have tried locking and unlocking the truck with the remote. We don't have remote to start the truck automatically. These are regular keys, no chips in them. We have tried locking the truck, horn beeps and then we unlock it. Held both lock/unlock down at the same time and then tried putting the key in the ignition. the system shows it is learning the key and then the theft starts blinking again. I have tried this with 2 keys and get the same response with both keys.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are out in the country so getting it to a Ford Dealer is not a real good option. We are trying to fix this truck for our disabled brother-in-law. It's his only means of transportation so we really need to try to fix it here if possible. Any help you could give would be very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it has a red theft lamp that blinks fast when you put the key to the on position but the keys you have dont have security chips in them to prove out the theft system?