James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F-150: We recently purchased a used 2002 F150. I have

Customer Question

We recently purchased a used 2002 F150. I have driven it several times with my keys. Only one of the keyless remotes is working and my husband has it. Today I used my key to get into the car and the alarm started to go off. It stopped but when you open the door it goes off again. I can't drive it!
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. This concern is going to be caused by an aftermarket alarm installed under the dash. If you had the alarm key fob you could hit the unlock button to deactivate the alarm. Until it is deactivated it won't let you start the vehicle because the starter is now disabled. When people don't let you know there is an alarm installed it creates headaches. The best thing to do is either make sure you have the correct keyfobs or I recomend removing it and bringing the vehicle back to stock.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.