Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Took 99 f150 to dealer had the gem mod reprogrammed

Customer Question

took 99 f150 to dealer had the gem mod reprogrammed still have to turn truck off to switch from 2 to***** now the light does come on for 4x4 on dash so gem mod is functioning , I still do not here a switching sound like it use to make when
changing from 2 to 4, it sounded like it would come from the left of the drivers side, again new vacuum on firewall new actuator, new switch on dash, ????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Are there any 4x4 codes stored?Does it engage 4 low and get a reduced gear ratio?Is the concern the front axle is not locking in? If so then can you monitor the vacuum supply to the front axle actuator when engaging 4x4, if its good then the concern is the shift fork and gear which the actuator moves. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris