James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford expediton Eddie Bauer: I have a 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. I replaced the suspension compressor and the relay switch (located behind the left side bumper). Compressor does not come on. What else can I do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Do you have a multi meter by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AARRGGGGHHH. Not the answer, lol. Reply should have been, like you need to get a multimeter and when you do then do the following etc, etc, etc.Anyway, hope the advice gets better and yes i can get a multi meter
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
You are correct my question isn't an answer. If you have a test light we can perform the the same tests. We can speak back and forth on this page if that is ok with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I get another answer like this from you then change mechanics. You have still failed to HELP. I need help not comments on the weather. This answer should have been what to do with the meter. You are wasting time.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry those are not answers.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/c67y5exvqk3hcjc/AABsa8cBKuJoTrD8YWL0bzJpa
The link I provided is the wire diagram to vehicles air suspension. The first thing to do is test all fuses and make sure they are ok. If the fusses are good and getting power. If you have a scam tool that can test air suspension will be more helpful at firs then a multi meter. If you can test the module it should set a code and give a general description of what it thinks the failure is. It's also possible all the height sensors are set lower to keep air bags from inflating. There are a lot of items to test but I would start with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, i have a multi meter and no scam tool. I got a nice engine code tool, to check out the vehicles codes. Anyway, will to recheck all the fuses again. Will check with auto zone or some of the other shops to see about this scam tool.Will get back with you to let you know what I have found.One small note. I turned the engine on to go eat at a restaurant down the block. The compressor came on for say 20 seconds and that was it. I had the door open. When I left the restaurant, I had the door open started the expedition but to no avail.Anyway, will get back as soon as i can check the stuff out. Thanks.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good