James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford crown vic police package: I have a 2008 crown vic police

Customer Question

I have a 2008 crown vic police car with 120000 miles on it. The instrument gauges and light goes off for awhile when engine is running , starts working agin , then stops agin. everything else works properly. Head lights and tail lights, radio light works. I've checked all fuses which are good and even have had a mechanic hook a computer to the plug in under the dash, he found know wrong codes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Is it the entire cluster that goes dead or just the lights in the cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole cluster goes out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole cluster goes out the later back on then off
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
When the cluster fails is there a certain amount of time it stays off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light and whole cluster stays off for a little while and then comes back on then off agin. This repeats it self over and over while driving and sitting still.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the cluster itself might be failing. On the back side of the cluster where all the solder joints are they can fail over time and cause this issue. If you are good at soldering electronics you might be able to find the bad joints and repair the cluster yourself.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.