Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford edge limited editiin: I have a 2008 ford edge limited

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford edge limited edition. The airconditioner had stopped working. You could feel the coolness from the vents but the air was not pushing out. My husbands brother is head of firestone in virginia and told us to replace the blower motor without even looking at the car. The original blower motor u could go under the glove box and tap it with a heavy stick and it would start blowing for a minute or two and then stop thrning again. The new bloeer motor was put in anx then yet again still no fix and stll were avble to tap it and it would start turning ( we could see it cuz he took stuff apart) so then we werre told it was the resistor bc his brother used some sort of small tool that read that it wasnt grounded or some th ing. I dont know the terminolovy but we ended up buying a new resistor and it my husband aaid it worked good for a few minutes and then boom righr back to where we started. Air cool but not blowing. If u looked at the actual circular blower thing it would go for a few seconds and spin and thwn all the sudden stop spinninf! Theb u could stll tap it just right (took forever to tap perfectly) and it would blow on max and then stop spinning!!! We are so lost and confused. I have theee babies and i cant go like this ne more. I feel like i need to just buy a new car thats bow frustrated i am. Do you have any idea what is wrong...its just so weird! And now the blower motor wont spin at all
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Did you buy the blower motor from Ford or someone else? Does your husband have a multi meter to perform some testing?