Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350 ford: my 2004 f350 wont start all i'm hearing is clicking

Customer Question

my 2004 f350 wont start all i'm hearing is clicking I had to have it towed last week and when the hooked it up they unhooked linkage on transmission, since then been having problems I could move shift lever and it would start, now nothing but clicking
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell if the clicking is coming from under the dash or from under the hood?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its coming from under dash I pulled relays and it would stop then I put them back in,and click is all I get this started after I had it towed they got up under and disconnected something to put it in netrual so they could turn it around and lift it from the back, since then had trouble, I could move shift lever and it would start,
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like they may have damaged the MLP sensor when they disconnected the shift cable. the Mlp sensor tells the PCM which gear you have selected with the gear shift , it also contains the neutral position switch which keeps the vehicle from starting in gear.