James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2002 F150 Extended cab, 502(?) V-8m 4wd. 168,000 miles. Odometer

Customer Question

2002 F150 Extended cab, 502(?) V-8m 4wd. 168,000 miles. Odometer will not read in warm/hot weather. Just fine all winter or in cold temps. Direction and outside temp reading fixture on cab overhead always difficult, but seems to be permanently off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for,choosing just answer. Does the odometer go blank?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
The overhead console has resistors that fail they come loose from the solder joints and need to be resoldered. Something similar happens to the odometer. The heat causes the solder joints to fail. You need to repair the cold solder joints and they will correct your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.