Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Bentely Continental GT Mulliner: I have a 2007 Continental

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Continental GT Milliner with 20K miles on it. The front brakes are squeaking with low pressure applied to brakes at relatively low speed (~50mph). Is this normal or something for concern?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle only has 20k on it, but it is 8 years old. So the brakes are not worn out but its not driven much. Most likely the vehicle when parked just like all other vehicles has accumulated rust on the rotors. The rust is harder than the rotors and pads. Normally it gets rubbed off and disappears. Since you do not drive much, it is likely the rust has accumulated and started embedding in the pad surface and its creating the nail on the chalk board scenario. Its nothing to worry about but to resolve it, you would need to have the front rotors machined on a lathe just barely, then take the pads and scrub them on brushed concrete to scrap away some of there surface or replace them. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris