Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F250: 97 powerstroke. hard brake pedal, intermittently. Vacuum

Customer Question

97 powerstroke. hard brake pedal, intermittently. Vacuum pump delivers 13 inches mercury. No leak down when I turn off engine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Lets first start by flushing out the old brake fluid if you have not done that yet, by bleeding each wheel. Sometimes the old fluid can cause the master cylinder piston to stick. If it still occurs, the next Ford test is on the vacuum and you stated its good. The next and last step is to replace the booster. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris