Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Fusion: I was recently in an accident in my 2012 Ford Fusion.

Customer Question

I was recently in an accident in my 2012 Ford Fusion. Some where along the line somebody stole my abs module. I got another abs module from a wrecked runnng and breaking car. I installed t but could not get the brakes t bleed. I tried everything I knew how to do. I finally gave up and i have taken my car to the ford dealer to bleed the breaks. They first tell me that i needed a front left caliper and a brake line. I bought the items as they did not have them in stock. Then they tell me i need a master cylinder. Once again they did not have in stock. I bought one and now they tell me i need a new (another one)abs module. I spoke to the tech and he said now that he put in the master cylinder he has good pressure going to the module but on one of the lines does not have good pressure coming out to two of the calipers. it just seems strange as this module came out of a running car. So I went ahead and bought another abs module from eBay. I took it too the dealership, they installed it and they are having the same issues. Any thoughts?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/91fhj-fusion-2012-ford-fusion-accident.html#ixzz3e7kBhFoK
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I assume they are using the diagnostic tool to program the ABS as well as bleed it. Are they using a pressure tester to confirm the output pressure is low? Being yours was stolen are you sure the thief did not smash or bend lines causing a restriction. When driven what brake issues are noticed? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are using the Ford VDS Tool to bleed and program the module. From what I understand he has checked the pressure coming to the module and it's good. Then coming out of the module, with no lines attached the front right and back left output ports have low pressure. I am not sure if they are using a pressure tester. I do know he said he did try and use a vacuum. Can any of this be related to maybe a wire not being seated in the connector plug properly? Do you have a wiring diagram for this connector! Do we know how many wires/ what each wire does on this connector? Maybe a wire or two,was pulled out of the connector and these are the wires that control the valves for these lines with low pressure.
Are you asking for a diagram of the ABS connector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please. Thats definitely a good start. Can you answer the rest of the question? Would a pullued wire in the connector stop a portion of the pump from working? Is it possible to give me my symptoms?

Since your needing an electrical diagram to perform diag I assume the ABS light is staying on while running and a trouble code is stored? There are no wires coming into the module that control the valves, that is all done within the module.