Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1990 F150 5.0L 4X4 just had a mechanic replace, master cylinder,

Customer Question

1990 F150 5.0L 4X4 just had a mechanic replace, master cylinder, vacuum booster and RABS. Two problems
the brake pedal goes to the floor and then the truck stalls
when on HWY and set the cruise control and then try to hit the brake to shut off it does not shut off.
Help, I have taken it back to him 3 times and he says that it is fixed and then a couple of days later its not.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would check for any issues with any vacuum leaks leading to the brake booster itself.If a leak is found this will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.I would also have the brake position switch checked to see if it is faulty needing replaced as this will cause cruise control faults like this here.
Thanks Pete