fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

F-250: I have a 2003 ford 6.0 powerstroke. I replaced

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2003 ford 6.0 powerstroke. I replaced the oil cooler,hpop,icp,ipr and map sensors on truck.Truck starts fine idles fine has no codes but chokes and stumbles on moderate to heavy acceleration. Can't find the problem of why it stumles on acceleration. also just to let you know truck also has the egr delete
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.When you did all that, did you happen to change the injector seals while at it? They are a common issue that causes the problem you are having.Does the vehicle smoke under acceleration?How is the turbo acting? It is acting normally?How was the EGR delete done? Did you have these issues after the delete was done? I ask because I have found a lot of the deletes being done were "hack jobs" and the PCM was never programmed for the delete and caused the engine to choke out. So please be specifici on how the delete was done as far as sensor loopbacks put in place, cooler swapped for a pass through, EGR plat put in place, etc. It helps to know what was done to determine the issue.If the seals on the injectors were not done, I would look into them first followed by head bolts (they stretch and will cause low power under load after EGR deletes have been done, very famous issue). Then I would move to the EGR delete items and the turbo to be sure there is no issues or leaking going on as well as the programming was properly done and the PCM isn;t trying to see the EGR valve because the program wasn't set into the NVRAM on the PCM properly. I see this very often. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
egr delete was done way before installing new hpop and had no issues until new hpop was installed. I also installed all the o-rings on the oil rails,orings on top of injectors where oil rails sit in place and 0-rings on branch tubes to hpop. turbo is new and acts normal,no smoke when accelerating just a stumble that feels like a bad tps sensor on a gasoline engine. also I have a sct tuner on it that turns of the egr system completely.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
So this wasn't done together then. That eliminates the EGR side of the equation. I misread for it looked like all this was done together.Was the IPR changed on this as well? Do you happen to know what your ICP is reading when under load by chance via your SCT tuner? That will help determine if there is a issue in the oik system or if there was a hidden CMP sensor issue that is coming to light after the parts have been changed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed a new ipr and icp sensor. IPR reads 22/24% on idle 40/44% under load ICP pressure is at 620/640 on idle and 1600/1750 under load. I also replaced the CMP sensor just to eliminate that from being the problem. VGT% at idle is 72/73 and 42/44 under load
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also just to let you know FICM voltage never drops below 47.8 under load and fuel pressure is 56/60 psi under load
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Your ICP is way too low. You should be at 800-900 on idle and 2500 plus under load up to 4000 at max. The rest looks good.You have oil leaking in the HPO system somewhere based on the numbers you provided. A bad pump would give you under 400 psi on max so you can rule your new pump out. Now the concern is where is the oil leaking at on the rail.I would remove the passenger valve cover and deadhead the rail with air and start listening for air bubbles on the rail to see where the oil is leaking at. Then you will know if you need to get to the driver side as well. Somewhere in the system is an oil loss. Maybe a o-ring rolled or a standpipe is stretched or bad dummy plug. The hardest part is locating that oil leak, but that is what the numbers are telling me.I know, it's aggravating. We go through it as well...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the air test on it and seemed ok no air leaks were found and also the 03 did not come out with the dummy plugs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check and see what's up with the low icp thanks for your help!!!!!
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.The ICP is low and that needs to be determined as to why it is still low. With everything new, it should be normal. There is something going on. Maybe the pump you got has issues internally or a rail issue, maybe an injector pushing oil out where it shouldn't, something is going on...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
icp should read 800/900 when engine is cold. once engine warms up icp readings are normal at 600/680. thats coming from ford manual. that is what i get when engine is cold and hot
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
if the ipr is under 30% at idle there is no high pressure leak. what is mgp reading
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean mpg? What is mgp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is mgp? if you meant map it is 14.6
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never received my answer