Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Explorer: The cab blower won't turn on. AC compressor turns

Customer Question

The cab blower won't turn on. AC compressor turns on. Blower speed control switch, when operated through various speeds, there is a clicking sound right hand side below dash. I can't located. Bench test fan, it runs smoothly.
Charles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.The clicking sound you are hearing is most likely the blower motor relay. It is behind the air cleaner, next to the blower motor, under the hood. I believe that is what you are hearing is the relay engaging on and off. I would locate that relay and swap it out to see if the issue resolves itself. Power goes from that relay to the blower motor. When it acts up, the fan will quit working. I'm basing this off you already bench testing the fan so that is ruled out. That only leaves the relay as the other option in the circuit and since you hear it click, it is engaging.Also check the fuse in the interior of the vehicle as well as under the hood. Your system should have 2 fuses. One for A/C system (clutch) and one for blower motor.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I can't see, touch, smell, hear, ortaste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paidfor negative and no ratings I just get nothing.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow upsfor same question are always free.Thanks,Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Green
thanks Jeremy
Charles
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Let me know how this turns out for you.