Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Explorer: 2008 Ford Explorer will not start. Will not

Customer Question

2008 Ford Explorer will not start. Will not even crank security light not lighting up and not blinking. Tried to jump and no love. Checked battery and getting 12 volts so it's good. Tried to read the codes and won't link so can't get codes. Checked fuse to cigarette lighter and it was fine. Using actron cp9180 bought in 2006 so should read CAN. Have a feeling it is the security but only have 1 key and no dealer close so not sure how to get it there. The security light is not or or blinking so not even sure if that is the deal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.The security system will not keep a scan tool from communicating. If it did we wouldnt be able to program keys in when they are all lost.Just a minute while I pull your vehicle up and look over a diagram.
OK. Is your mileage showing on the odometer and have you ever used this scan tool on this car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never used scan tool on this car. Reads 152204 service Rsc now also comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never used this scan tool on this car. Od 152204 service RSC comes on
OK and you are getting exactly 12.0 volts on the battery?
And did the service RSC message come up the last time it was running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was 12.2 and the message came up when it wouldn't start. Was running fine last night and would not start this morning
Whats your battery voltage with the key on, bright lights on and blower motor running on high?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mileage is not showing it just shows dashes
The 152204 is not the mileage?