Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: I have a 6.4 super duty. Going down road and lost over

Customer Question

I have a 6.4 super duty. Going down road and lost over drive. Parked it for about 45 minutes. And took off again like new. Went 1 mile down the road and it lost power again. If you floor it it'll build boost and rpm. But I'll slow down in speed. If I stay steady on gas peddle it's okay until going up hill or trying to give it gas. It'll just fall on its face. What can this be
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Any warning lights on?You mentioned it lost OD, did the transmission go into what felt like neutral?When it falls on its face is there exhaust smoke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No smoke and yes it feels like it's in neutral till you let off the gas a little bit and easy back into it.
Thanks, ***** ***** one is getting it scanned to see which codes are stored for the engine and transmission. Being that its going into neutral there is likely solenoid or clutch seal failure in the transmission, requiring scan tool diag prior to repair which may end up being an overhaul. For the engine running issues, I feel like with the information i have so far, there is an EGR or injector issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris