HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Escape: I have a 2010 escape. In the last year I have had 4

Customer Question

I have a 2010 escape. In the last year I have had 4 batteries in my vehicle as well as 2 alternators. Unfortunately the mechanics have had my car for a week and nothing is showing up that remains on while vehicle is off. New batteries have died in 1$2 nights in this suv. please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it must have a draw for it to discharge in that period of time.You could put a battery disconnect on it to quickly disconnect it but then everyday you would have to open the hood to reconnect. I have seen things such as a stuck power seat switch and most commonly the factory radio cause current draws. Here is a video on how to test it yourself. Some vehicles you need to wait up to an hour for the computer modules to enter a sleep mode and measure true draw if any is found.localize the draw by removing fuses from the underhood and interior fuse panels. once the draw drops off you know what circuit and features to test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCT-YZbU5o