Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Ford F-150: Last week my 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat with 5.4L 3v

Customer Question

Last week my 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat with 5.4L 3v went into failsafe mode. We replaced throttle body sensor, fuse 32 (i believe it was) was blown replaced it, and found that the passenger side upstream O2 sensor connectors were melted together. We had to cut the wire running from the truck. Bought a new female connector along with Bosch upstream O2 sensor. We installed all and still have check engine light and get codes P0132 and P2196. Unhooked/rehooked battery and now I get P0132 and P2195. Please help!
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a few pics ive taken.
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Let me do some digging be right back. I just wanted you to know someone was working on it :-)
I'm real sorry for the delay but my computer shot craps yesterday and i had to buy a new one....ugh what a mess.
Below is the info on those 2 codes, check them out and see what you can find and let me know please.
Take notice how both are possible MAF sensor related.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/2195.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/P0132.PNG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bought another sensor yesterday and when removing the one we installed last week we noticed that it was wrong one. Napa online does not ask you which motor is in your vehicle. So the sensor on the right in pic says its for upstream but not for an 2004 ford f-150 5.4L. So to all who r having to replace the upstream sensors be careful of which sensors u buy! Codes are gone and engine light is now off.
That's too bad about the sensor. It sure makes our job tough! We presume that when you buy a part it's the right one...ugh..
Sounds like you might have it corrected now.
Larry