Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

E350: I have a 98 e350 that is bucking under load sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 98 e350 that is bucking under load sometimes seems worse on hot days ! I have spark knock too! Replaced plugs ran better threw 3 mis fires replaced cops ran good a day! Bucking again replaced dpfe ran good a day bucking again ! Cleaned maf sensor ( aluminum was kind of pitted in a few places) ran good a day bucking again ! Threw lean on bank 1 & 2 code replaced O2 sensors ran good a few hours bucking again help
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Small 90 degree tube under throttle body has been replaced and pcv valve. Egr tube also replaced
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Being that you have lean codes, can you check for vacuum leaks. If you need to know how to, let me know. Pinging can be related to head temps, have you serviced the cooling system and replaced the thermostat? Have you monitored the fuel pressure while driving to see if its dipping low?Have you cleaned the fuel injectors? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thermostat has not been replaced and cooling system has been flushed a few weeks ago! I have noticed the temp gauge has been lower than usual for about a month just over the second mark and holding plan on checking fuel pressure today! My husband has visually checked for vacuum leak but nothing more
Have your husband idle the engine and spray short bursts of flammable brake cleaner around all seals, gaskets, components, hoses, pipes, connections from the heads to the air filter, everything there is under vacuum. If a leak is hit the rpms will increase.