James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

FORD EXPLORER 4.O SOC SUV: My 2005 Ford Explorer service engine

Customer Question

My 2005 Ford Explorer service engine soon light came on. Engine was replaced a week ago by an auto repair shop. Compression checks are ok, spark plugs new including cables, new water pump, and all gaskets that are required to replaced. Do I need to take it to the dealer for computer reset? I believe the mechanic had already reset once but the service engine light came back again. What is wrong? Engine runs good with a slight idle issue.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The people that replaced the engine should be able to check the codes without charging you. After an engine replacement the check engine light shouldn't be coming on. Since the vehicle runs good I would suspect a faulty oxygen sensor or a different sensor not agreeing with the computer. I would have it checked just to make sure that the problem isn't going to be anything damaging.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I did send a phone request if you think it would be helpful?