Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

F-150: I have a 2003 Ford F-150 with 4.6 V8. AC has been working

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford F-150 with 4.6 V8. AC has been working great until today. Got in and drove 2 miles and AC went from cold to warm air. I could hear a light clicking sound as I turned the fan higher that sounded like a small plastic fan blade tapping against something. Not loud but noticeable and only when fan was turn up over half way. Compressor had stopped turning. After I parked it and started it 20 minutes later, the same thing happened, cold air for a few minutes, then warm air the rest of the way home (15 minutes). Any ideas on cause?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen issues with compressor failure that will cause this as well as the low pressure ac cycling switch failing.The switch is probably more common.
The ac system will need tested to pinpoint which component is at fault then repaired from there to correct it.In some cases a fault code may have set that can be checked with a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.If any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.
Thanks Pete