Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

F150

Customer Question

1988 f150 been sitting for 1 year. I installed all new sensors and gaskets and oil pump and rotor and cap and wires and plugs and fuel pumps and still hard to crank. When it does crank it runs for like a min or so. It has the 4.9 i6.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not cleaned out the fuel tank and added new fuel old fuel can cause this issue here.I would check and see if this is the cause here and if found to be the fault the old fuel needs removed and new fuel added.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today I tried to crank it again. But this time my fuel pump will run continuous while key is on and engine is off. Also there is not a lot of fuel coming out of high pressure pump.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Inspect for any debris in the fuel tank this can cause low pressure and may be causing this fault here.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete