Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

150 fx4: My 2004 f150 won't start. Problems started when it

Customer Question

My 2004 f150 won't start. Problems started when it would idle rough after long drives. replaced the VCT solenoid, no change. started to run really rough and smelt of gas through the tailpipe. found a leaking injector, replaced it. Still ran rough. I thought the at was clog due to the leaking injector, replaced one cat. Started fine and ran well until it warmed up. now it will not start at all.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
During all of this, was there ever a warning light on?Have you checked to see what is missing now, like fuel pressure, ignition spark, and fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a bunch of different codes. The latest one was p0304 and p2196. There is fuel pressure. I took of the frps and gas sprayed out. I haven't checked for spark but it would seem I'm missing spark on all 8 cause there is nothing when I turn it over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not p0304 but p0340
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've read that a crank position sensor can cause the cop's not to fire. I'm going to test it tonight. Is there something else I should check?
Code 0340 is a cam sensor code for bank one, passenger side, but this code rarely means its a sensor issue, more so a timing or timing drive component issue. 2196 means bank one O2 sensor is reading to rich, meaning there is unburnt in the exhaust. Let me know if or when you can check the prior things mentioned. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris