Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 ford e350 xlt passenger van ac started blowing out defrost,

Customer Question

2000 ford e350 xlt passenger van ac started blowing out defrost, nothing blowing in back and now will not turn over but battery is not dead. Have been looking for vacuum leak but haven't found anything.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
We are only allowed to diagnose one concern per question, which would you like me to address and which liter engine do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replied last night for you to just address the ac but received no response.

Sorry that reply from you never came through, only the one 30 minutes ago. I still need to know which engine you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Triton v8 5.4L

Thanks, ***** ***** is no vacuum getting to the HVAC control it will default to defrost. The engines intake on the 5.4 creates the vacuum and stores it in the reservoir. We need to check and see if the reservoir is storing vacuum or losing it using a hand held vacuum pump with gauge. While running you should see over 15 in hg of vacuum. Below are 2 files showing what the reservoir looks like under the evaporator so you can locate it and its line, also the schematic showing how the vacuum gets to the HVAC.
.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/00e350vacuumreservoir.pdf
.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/00E350schematic.pdf
.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We don't have a hand held vacuum pump with gauge

You will have to buy or borrow one or try to visually find a leak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We will let you know when we find the leak

Glad I could help.