HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

F-150: I have a 1996 Ford F-150 that starts but runs rough

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford F-150 that starts but runs rough and stalls when it is damp. I have had a full tune up, replaced gas and air filters, coil, battery terminals and cleaned the grounds off the battery. It runs good when its dry, it will start good but begin to run very rough when it settles into an idle, then it will not restart.
FYI the radio started to act strange, turning on and volume increasing on its own!
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, the radio is most likely a seperate issue with a switch sticking inside for it to act like it is if it is a factory radio.Most lilkely an issue with a pickup coil in the distributor or ignition module which should set a Profile Ignition Pickup code if checked with a scan tool.