Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Ford ranger: my ford ranger seat, released seat forward to

Customer Question

my ford ranger seat, released seat forward to get something from behind it and now seat won't go back. Now the other side is the same. 60/40 seat.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Usually what happens is there is a bolt on the release lever that breaks. You have to take the seat apart and flip it over and look at the release lever and you will see the empty hole and the matching hole on the other lever that it hooks to. Stick a bolt through there with a couple of washers and a lockwasher and nut and problem solved.
Its a little bit of work with having to pull the seat out but its not rocket science and doesnt involve any special tools so anyone physically capable with a basic tool set should be able to pull it off.
Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. THanks.