James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Have a 2010 Ford F-150 have a problem with a wobble at passenger

Customer Question

Have a 2010 Ford F-150 have a problem with a wobble at passenger side rear that only seems to occur around or at 80 mph, been to 2 different dealers and they can't seem to figure it out, can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you please tell me all of the work they have tried or what they said?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tires of course they say they checked drive shaft although they say everything looks fine
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
A vibration at that speed of course would lead me to believe it's a tire. It doesn't mean the tire is unbalanced but can be internally inbalanced. This type of problem can only be picked up by a road force balancer. Not very many tire shops have this type of balancer because they are expensive. They can show you if the tire itself is bad or if the wheel is bent or damaged. You can also move the the tire you suspect to the opposite side rear and see if it follows. If the noise follows you know what the issue is. If it doesn't follow then you might have a bad wheel bearing in the front. The wheel bearing can still be tight but not notice anything until you hit 80mph.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why would it front wheel bearing if the wobble is in the rear?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry please let me correct myself. I somehow missed that part. If it is in the rearit could be an axle beating that can cause this. The axle bearing could be wearing out. The axle could have a very slight bend in it. I would still move the tire to the front and opposite side to see if the vibration moves.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.