Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

E250: I have a 2002 Ford E250 van. I can't turn the ignition

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford E250 van. I can't turn the ignition key. I turned the steering wheel clockwise about a quarter turn and the wheel suddenly locked. So now I can't turn the wheel or the key. ??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes you have to raise both front wheels off the ground to relieve the pressure on the steering to release the lock. If that also fails then its your key worn down or the ignition tumblers worn and a new lock cylinder needed. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris