Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Steve. 2005 f150 5.4 with 165 on it. Rough idle check engine

Customer Question

Hi Steve. 2005 f150 5.4 with 165 on it. Rough idle check engine light went on and then off when it went on it seemed like there was a Lose oil pressure. You could heal it here Beasley and then it stopped I am not sure what the problem is I am thinking it may beVCT but I'm not sure it doesn't want to want to stall the RPM stay a little bit below 1000 but sometimes droppes lower. Where do you think I should start ? Plugs are all new also it seems sometimes there is a smell of fuel but it doesn't appear to be a fuel issue
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
You should start with having the codes checked to see what the computer saw. I suspect its going to a be a code for the cam timing components. If so I would try an oil flush chemical to remove any sludge buildup and debris since oil pressure is used and effects all the timing components. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris