Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a ford 2001 escape 6 cyl it shows a 351 code ignition

Customer Question

i have a ford 2001 escape 6 cyl it shows a 351 code ignition failure the pcm has been changed and programmed by ford and a component that has to do with the programming of keys this was supposedly an issue in the past the engine light came back on and
cylinder one is firing i changed the coil and it worked fine for a few hours now it is misfiring or not firing again this is the second coil installed the first time the mechanic said it had to do with the computor as i said it was then changed and same code
comes up and cyl one wont or is misfiring any clue what to do next ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.When you changed the coil it worked fine for a few hours. That tells us the coil is the issue. Try another coil. CHeap aftermarket coils have a high failure rate and you could have just got a dud. Before putting in the new one check the continuity between the two wires at the coil connector and let me know what you get just to be sure they arent shorted out. But since it worked fine for a while I doubt they are.