fordtechsuzukitech25
fordtechsuzukitech25, Ford Technician
Experience:  master ase certified,senior master ford certified
66379379

Sport Trac: I have a 2003 sport trac 4.0 v6. It runs like a

Customer Question

I have a 2003 sport trac 4.0 v6. It runs like a champ but randomly when the engine is warm it will not crank until it cools off again. An example would be that I went to run errands and made 5 stops. Made it to the last stop and when I came out of the store (only about 20minutes later) it refused to crank. It was turning over nicely but it wouldn't fire. Walked to a restaurant to eat dinner and came back and tried it again and it fired right up no problem. It never displayed any codes. It has been doing it on and off for a couple years now and it is getting more frequent. Any thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
if you can get it to act up again, try holding the gas pedal to the floor while cranking it over and see if it starts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it does or doesn't work, what do you think is the cause?
sorry my laptop crashed. if you hold gas pedal to the floor and crank engine the computer disables the fuel injectors, so if it starts while pedal is on the floor then it means its either flooded or its getting fuel from a leaking fuel injector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's no problem. I've been busy as well but I will definitely give it a try the next time it won't start. Thanks!