EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2008 350 with a 6.4 when my truck warms up it studers

Customer Question

I have a 2008 350 with a 6.4 when my truck warms up it studers and jerks under excelleration I changed egr and the back pressure censor egr came out in nine pieces so that was only part of the problem no codes are present even when the event takes place no codes is it possible it might be the icp censor or maybe.even my pcm needs to be reprogrammed because egr was not working properly
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There have been several updates for the PCM on the 6.4. That are designed to fix several issues. If it was my truck I would have the pcm updated to the latest level.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Your truck does not have an ICP it has an FRP. They do have some issues with the Fuel Rail pressure sensor. You can monitor the FRP with a scan tool to see if it fluctuates. Also make sure the fuel filters are good and the low side fuel pressure is about 3-7 psi. You should also check the fuel filter on the rail, as fuel tank delamination is common and plugs the fuel system. Please respond back to let me know the results. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Please respond with any further questions or comments. Thanks and please rate my service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Eric we just went for a ride with the scanner on the frp idle 5800 truck warmed up drove for 7 miles ran fine shut down for 5 mins. Started driving hurting started no eratic change in fuel pressure only when rpm changed push heavy on peddle rpm goes crazy then drops like it's going to stall throws code p1093 high rail pressure circuit A I'm hoping the only thing I need to do is change sensor and harness still going to get it reprogrammed please tell me this is the fix Fingers Crossed Thanks