James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F150. Pick-up: My 2000 Ford f150 Pick-up headligths turn

Customer Question

My 2000 Ford f150 Pick-up headligths turn on and off on their own, even if the truck is off .
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. This vehicle was known for a failing gem module. The gem module is known to cause this issue when they begin to fail due to corrosion. The gem module is mounted on the back of the fuse panel. I would replace it and have it programmed to the vehicle. Once you replace it this should correct your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.