EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

F250 6.0: In my 2005 ford f250 the interior dome lights do

Customer Question

In my 2005 ford f250 the interior dome lights do not come on when you open the door but your can cut them on with the button
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Is this only with the drivers door or both doors where the dome lights do not come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All doors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But you can push the button and turn them on manually.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. is this a 4 door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. if the key is in the ignition and you open the drivers door does it ding? does the door ajar light come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and yes.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a test light or multi-meter to check for power anywhere?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
When a door is opened a signal goes to the vehilce security module from the door ajar switch. If you have remote keyless entry. Then the signal goes by communication line to the instrument cluster which turns on an internal relay for the dome lamps.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Both the vehicle security module and the instrument cluster can set codes. It would a good idea to have them checked. Although you could need a cluster for this concern, it sounds like you need a vehicle security module as it is not sending the door ajar signal to the instrument cluster. Because the cluster can turn the relay on from the input from the interior light switch. But having the codes checked would be good first.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. Please respond with any further questions or comments. Thanks and please rate my service.