James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford F250: I have a 2000 Ford F-250 ... Today when I engaged

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 ... Today when I engaged the parking brake, it went all the way to the floor and will not release with the lever. The parking brake does not seem to be engaged.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The first thing you want to do is inspect all of the parking brake cables. If they appear to be fine and are moving ok. The issue is going to be the main parking brake pedal assembly. They become weak over time and just go to the floor when they fail without being able to engage anything.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.