Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

E150: I have a 2008 e150 that has intermittent instrument cluster

Customer Question

I have a 2008 e150 that has intermittent instrument cluster window and radio failure while driving. took to ford dealer spent 109. they said unable to duplicate did a water test winshield replaced 3 months ago think it leaked a bit was resealed, problem started 1 month ago not sure if related, dealer suggests wait til it is constantly off, which in summer is a pain, but ac still works. afraid to lower window if rain threatens. is there a suggested route to porceed that i could try, did notice cd err in radio about the time this started
i havent used this before how much does it cost?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Experience tells me it is probably a bad cluster on its way out. Unfortunately you cannot verify that unless the problem is present. As much as it sucks its one of those things that has to get worse before anyone can make it better unless you are willing to spend the cash to try a cluster and hope that fixes it.