Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I was informed/quoted that the replacement cost

Customer Question

I was informed/quoted that the replacement cost for the wheel bearing and axel seal was $730.00 dollars. Now I am told it is costing$1000.00. Something about another part. wtf moment
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Which wheel bearing are they putting in, the front or rear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take it you do not have my messages from earlier in the week.
I am referencing the rear wheel bearing on the drivers side. The bearing and the axel seal was quoted as $730.00 and now I hear it is a thousand because of some bolt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My membership will end on Monday June 22. 2015. Therefore I may not get your reply.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
I received no messages on this subject, I assume it is the rear wheelbearing and seal? What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a rear wheel bearing on a 2003 Ford Explorer 4 by 4 and the axel seal which is supposed to be replaced . Now I have been informed that it is $1000 because of a nut that has to be replaced..
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
Are you wanting repair information, or do you have a question about the cost? Do you have the part numbers that need to be replaced? Thanks Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted any info related to why it would cost so much. I was told my
Russell at this site that $730.00 seemed high and now I am told it has cost me $1000.00
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out of this and let Russell handle this, thank you.